Tea on Tuesday

                                

                                    Yes, I KNOW- it's Tuesday - and I'm cheating AGAIN!!!!

I did have tea this early this morning - Lady Grey with local wildflower honey - and FORGOT to take a picture.
 Sooooooo....
..........now, I am having a decaf mocha - with loads of whipped cream, thank you!!!

                                                                     Here is a pic!!!




                               Tea is better, healthier - but, come on- doesn't this look GOOD??????

I have been working my way thru' a lengthy to-do list this week and last. Making small headway, but determined to cross every single thing off!!!

                           One thing I finished last night- was recovering the dining room chairs.

I have been staring at these chairs since we bought the set a couple of years ago- they came with a grey faux suede fabric, covered in plastic- I knew I would recover them.
The suede was ugly, it was NOT dog friendly- the hairs would just fly just to cling to the suede. I left the plastic covers on, til they started to rip off from being sat upon!!!


Last week, I was watching Nate Berkus, and he mentioned using a cloth shower curtain (not the liners- the actual curtain) for covering chairs. It saves money, is durable, and if you look long enough, you can find something that works with your decor.

                                                                 Great idea, Nate!!!

I wanted purple- kind of like, "when I am an old lady, I will wear purple...."!!!  I wanted my chairs to wear purple.
                                                   I even like the word - PURPLE!! LOL

 But, couldn't find any suitable purple. I am not a big shopper, so don't like going to a bunch of different stores!
Then, I found these shower curtains in Kohl's, on sale(!)- 1  1/2 shower curtains will cover 6 chairs, with plenty  left over for another project.
The colors bring all the colors in the room together- there's the purple, there's gold in my vintage gilt frames, and tiny bits of purple, and rust in the backround of my couch. It cost way less, than if I had bought fabric by the yard. They are a tad bit more vibrant, than the photo shows. (and yes, D/H has yet to replace the baseboard  molding, after painting......sigh.)


                           I even recovered a tiny 1985 freebie Bombay Company footstool with a scrap.



So, now it's time to get back to the list - I think cleaning the bathroom is next....hmmm, .maybe I will skip to another on the list!!!

Feel free to join us every Tuesday - please drop by Patty and Kimmie for a list of other tea lovers.


*** Think about attending Mountain Meadows Quilters Retreat 2012- it's gonna be fun!!!

12 comments:

  1. I'll never look at a shower curtain the same ever again .... Thank you,that is really thinking outside the box. Love it! Lennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, GOODNESS! I would have never thought to use a shower curtain to recover something! NEVER! What a great idea and I LOVE the pattern you chose. Your chairs look amazing!! I had a few chairs that needed recovering, but couldn't find exactly what I wanted in material. I finally just got rid of the chairs. I wish I had them back now...lol.
    I LOVE YOUR DECAF MOCHA!!! LOOKS YUMMY!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even find a decent shower curtain around here for my bathroom and you were able to find the perfect one for your chairs. Great job! Have a fabulous week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love purple too. I was tinking of covering my dining chairs with black and white, so maybe I'll see what I can find. Great idea. Thanks, and happy tea day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your PURPLE makeover...brilliant idea and they turned out splendidly!!!

    Life is short...enjoy your tea AND coffee missy!
    oxo
    Happy T day to ya from sunny VA Beach...still chilly but at least it "looks" warmer hah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Never thought of using a shower curtain! Brilliant! They look really nice! I have a slip cover that needs to be finished (in my spare time) lol. Your coffee mocha looks yummy! Happy tea day!
    ~Donna~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh nice mocha!!
    Ooooh nice chairs!!!
    great job!!!
    I love the fabric choice :)

    happy tuesday!
    xoxo, kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm impressed. Really looks nice. As far as the coffee, I won't comment, but I do drink hot chocolate with marshmallows, so...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A shower curtain sounds like the perfect thing for covering chairs. They are SO durable, and most are water resistant. I love the foam on your coffee. It makes me hungry already. Thanks for dropping in earlier, too.

    BTW, I enjoyed reading your post above, too. I LOVE those photos you shared with us. I really enjoyed the photo of John looking longingly for warm mash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes, dog friendly is a GOOD thing...mine is a bit like having a horse in the house...looking for a good old fashioned curry comb, not the wussy 'dog' brush they have at the pet food rip-off, i mean STORE....and that mocha looks fantastic! what a great treat! i am working my way through the 'spring cleaning list' blech...happy tea day a little late..:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oops by the way, your chairs look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pat, you are so resourceful....great job. Keep at that list which just won't go away.... we'll soon be outside!!!!Judy

    ReplyDelete