Tea on Tuesday


This is actually a picture I took last Tuesday- it was supposed to be T.o.T. Part 2, but never got posted!!!
While searching for cassava, I found, not cassava, but a mother load of tea, in an obscure little shop in town.
DH waited in the car - he knew this would take a while for me to make a decision!!!
Well, a week has passed - I have tried the Egyptian Chamomile - it's good - with a hint of anise or licorice- very aromatic. The Scandinavian crispbread was a disappointment, as was the dipping oil. The crispbread was on sale - from $1.49 to 49 cents!!! That should have been my first clue!! I couldn't find an expiration date, and the store employees/owners did not speak much English. I figured it was worth risking 49 cents!! It was not!!! LOL

The TNT, is on the taste testing list for today - but I am a tad bit scared!!! From the description on the label - it is very potent, cures all ills, and is probably highly caffeinated!!! It comes in a roll, and you break off a disk to brew. As strong as it seems to be, I may break off a teeny portion of a disk!!! I actually gave one to a friend last week - I haven't yet heard what she thought!!!

So, here's hoping I don't end up bouncing off the walls today, since I live a relatively caffeine free life, as a rule!!!

Please join us for a cup of your favorite on Tuesdays, and share...............
Kimmie, Patty, Nancy- there's always room for more!!!

8 comments:

  1. It's always fun trying new things, can't wait to hear how you and the TNT get along ;) I am a cheap date when it comes to caffeine myself, my cut off is around noon, otherwise I am wide awake into the wee hours! The teas on the right look interesting too!
    ~*Happy Tea Tuesday*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a non-caffeine person (as much as possible), so I doubt I'd do well with that TNT stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear more about the TNT, that name alone should tell you something.HA! Love trying out new things. I promise to get your package off this week, maybe tomorrow. Lennie

    ReplyDelete
  4. TNT! That is just way to funny - no doubts there about what to expect from something called TNT!

    Happy Tuesday and joyous tea to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat, nice to have tea with you, hope that the walls are soft if you have to bounce, how brave of you to try new things! Christen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm a day late but this is a great quote for you Tuesday Tea gals:

    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." ...C.S. Lewis

    Lennie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just popped in to say "Howdy"!
    Make sure you let us know how the TNT was, heehe!
    I drink decaf too. I had to resort to the hard stuff last week when I took some prescription pain meds for my back. I woke up in a fog and needed the full strength tea to face the day.
    I also love the quote by C.S. Lewis. Holly and I believe it to be true!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love tea and am hooked on English Breakfast. Partly because my local grocery store doesn't carry much beyond Lipton (I live out in the boonies, east of Kansas City, MO). I would be skeptical of a tea that came packaged like Necco wafers! ha! Will you have a review by next Tuesday? :)

    ReplyDelete